Friday, July 20, 2012

In Honor of Jim

I my last blog entry, I reported on my trip to Xavier's graduation and then went on to visit friends and family in Idaho as a part of that trip.  The main reason for stopping in Idaho was to visit my friend Jim (photo).  Jim is one of the finest men I have every had the privilege of knowing and he has been battling an aggressive brain cancer for quite some time.  We have been friends for thirty plus years as have Ann and his wife Marcie. They were big encouragers for us on our journey to and from Mozambique.

On June 28, Ann and my Anniversary, Jim went to be with the Lord.  In that one last visit at his home in Idaho, we agreed to meet again and sit and talk more on the other side of the River Jordan.  I will see you again then my friend.

We just returned from his internment in Mount Union, PA - one of the most beautiful places in the Nation.  A lovely service, a lovely and full but too-short life, a loving family, and glorious assurance of eternity.  Jim was faithful and an inspiration to all who knew him and I will miss him very much.

It is the journey we all must make one day, or the other, and may it be hand-in-hand with the One who has placed a bit of Himself in our souls.  May we all be as faithful.... Come Lord Jesus come....

Seek Him while you can.  He knows your name - but do you know His?

WIth love,

Dave and Ann

"So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.  Now it is required that those who have been give a trust must prove faithful."  
1 Corinthians 4:1 & 2



No comments: